Thursday, June 9, 2011

Running Away

My legs are sore this morning.

Last night I ran in a 5K race. "Race" isn't necessarily an appropriate descriptor for me as my goal is usually just to finish with a somewhat respectable time. I typically average a sub-8 minute mile and my goal for the season is to hit a 7 minute pace (my best time last season was a 7:11).

This isn't remarkable in the world of runners...and I see all ages and shapes of people pass me on the course. But it's significant to me in that I was (a few years ago) quite out of shape and wouldn't have imagined that I would actually LIKE to get out and run. In the past few years I've run in several races - ranging from 5K to half-marathons (including a fairly gnarly 13K trail run at altitude).

I write this now because my legs are sore and I've been lacking motivation (for the past few months) to really get out there and run on a regular basis...and I have all but stopped cycling. Granted, I've been swimming a lot...but I need to start pushing it a little. Put them all together and I've got a triathlon.

No comments:

Post a Comment