Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Reading

I'm not a prolific reader compared to other cats out there...hell, I barely read books these days. But I do knock off a few each year and I definitely have my favorites to which I return from time to time.

A few days ago I got the urge to revisit an author. Ernest Hemingway has the distinction (to me) of being probably the only author whose work I was ever assigned to read in class that I actually still feel compelled to read every year or so (Twain should also count...but I read him long before it was ever assigned).

I've read most of his things and relate to characters in several books. Writing of trout fishing in Spain sparked my interest in the country (and I actually DID fish a river in Austria that he had written briefly about). But it's his short stories...man...good stuff.

So that's what I'm digesting these days. Revisiting the complete canon and trying to pick out something new that I can apply to my life right now.

1 comment:

  1. Surprisingly I've actually never read Hemmingway. I guess I need to remedy that...

    ReplyDelete