Saturday, December 19, 2009

Last night I dreamt that I had super powers…specifically that I could fly. I decided to tell all of my friends about it. The result was that I was rejected…not as a freak but, rather, that people felt that I thought that I was better than they were. They felt the need to show me the things that THEY were good at (but I didn’t feel it was necessary…I had just wanted them to know everything about me). This part is a bit fuzzy…there were knives…and someone was bragging to me that THEY were special because the knives didn’t cut them. The thing is – the knives didn’t cut me, either. And I wanted to warn them that they shouldn’t rely on the phenomenon. But I felt hesitant about telling them. And, in reality, I was relieved that the knives DIDN’T cut me. At the same time I was upset that they might think I felt superior because I had a capacity that they didn’t have…and I felt gratified that I was still capable of doing EVERYTHING that they could.

Thinking about the meaning…any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Seems like you are worried about what other people are thinking about you and your abilities, you have given their opinions weight though the knives seem to be a play on that old saw, sticks and stones...might be a call for you to hesitate less and give of yourself more regardless of reactions, even if your friends got competitive it couldn't stop you; the knives didn't cut. You are worried that if you shine others will just want to compete with you, some will, but not everyone needs to be better than their friends. You know you are capable, that is good, you also know you can compete....

    ReplyDelete